Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I purchased a home in August , and it was not disclosed to

Customer Question

I purchased a home in August , and it was not disclosed to me that the chimney in my unit and teh whole complex was not too code, and a fire hazard what are my recourse should I have an attorney write a letter to the previous owner to pay to make the chimney to code ? what if he refuse ?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Andrea, Esq. replied 9 months ago.
Hi, and welcome to JustAnswer, My name is ***** ***** I am an Attorney. I will be glad to Answer your question and the only thing I ask of you is that you leave a positive rating. This will not cost you anything additional, and it is the only way that JustAnswer will give me credit for assisting you. In order to determine who is responsible and who, if anyone, can be held liable, please give me the following information -1. Did you engage a building inspector or any other expert to inspect the property and give you a building report, i.e. inspect the electrical, plumbing, and other areas of the property ? 2. Who informed you that the chimney was a fire hazard ?3. Was the seller aware of this fire hazard ? I Look Forward to your reply, Thank you, ANDREA