Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.

I desperately need advice because a sheriff showed spat my

Customer Question

I desperately need advice because a sheriff showed spat my door on Thursday and served me a 5 day "get the hell out notice." Now here is the catch I have paid every month's rent which is $3,025 /per month and what happened was I was being given the electric bill each month from landlord and i would write a check to them to cover it.Well after four months and an average utility bill of $150, my next five electric bills were allover $775 and as highs $1000 for a 2 bedroom 1050 square foot apt. Needless to sy if it was a big deal for them to cover the electric each month which they would claim every time they are shutting off power but never did for 12 months and now they won't accept any rent cashiers checks until I Pay a near ridiculous $4,000 for 5 months of electricity even though they are holding my cashiers checks. Now I have a police officer who will evict me on tuesday over this. Management won't even work out a payment plan with me edison would have but the prices CANNOT be correct. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, let me know what I can do. I have all cashiers checks receipts and receipts for repairs that tenants apparently have to make themselves. Thank you, ***** ***** ***-***-****3
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 5 months ago.
My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship. Were you served with an eviction notice? Let me get the facts straight, you were obligated to pay the electric bill and the landlord did on your behalf. You then owe past due amounts because of the overdue electric bill payment? This is what the eviction notice is about? Overdue rent?
If you answer my questions, I can get an answer to your questions.
Are you there?