J. Warren
J. Warren, Lawyer
Experience:  Experience in residential real estate and commercial leases.
64316804

We moved to a condo complex that only allows two pets. Quite

Customer Question

We moved to a condo complex that only allows two pets. Quite often we have people stay over with another dog. Someone took a photo to "turn us in" and shows three dogs. The association said that indicates we have 3 pets and is trying to fine us $3600 or $50 per day. What can we do?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Alex Esquire replied 8 months ago.
Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.I am not permitted to tell JustAnswer.com what to do in their specific situation or list all of the legal rights that might potential apply in any specific situation, as such legal advice can only be provided by your local attorney, upon review of your entire case.I can however, provide you with a general answer, if you have a legal question for me?Thank you.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I guess not
I will opt out of your question at no charge to you and wish you the best of luck!
Expert:  J. Warren replied 8 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.I am sorry you are dealing with this situation. If an owner has 2 dogs and one is not their own, they need to meet with the condo association and explain the situation and the details as to why a picture of 3 dogs was captured. Next, the owner may request clarification as to what is permitted with regards ***** ***** staying over with pets. If indeed the rules state this is not permitted, then the owner can knows going forward that it is a rule violation for a visitor to have a pet. If nothing else the association will be made aware of the fact that the owner does not in fact have 3 dogs at the residence 24-7. In other words dispute the evidence presented by the picture.All my best and encouragement. Thank you for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! Please press a positive rating above this message box in the ratings section so I will be paid for my time assisting you on this matter. Pressing a positive rating will not cost any additional money - it is simply the trigger used by Just Answer to pay me for my time (pressing the middle star or the fourth or fifth star on the right are all positive rating buttons).