Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I bought this house around 1 1/2 years ago to start a convent.

Customer Question

i bought this house around 1 1/2 years ago to start a convent. It cost $250,000 which is a little much for a retired widow. The convent did not work out, and I asked the Mother Superior to leave. I am now stuck with a house that I still owe $231,000 on. It's been for sale with a realtor for almost 100 days, and we have not had one showing. Can I take it into foreclosure; would I be responsible for paying any of the money if I should walk away? I am almost seventy-five years old, and this is not how I planned to spend my few short years. Please advise me.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 7 months ago.
Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.Did you sign the mortgage personally? Have you asked the lender about the possibility of a deed in lieu of foreclosure?
Expert:  Loren replied 7 months ago.
Are you online with me?