Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer- Broker 30+years - foreclosure, short sale, liens, title attorney.
18215332

I live in Mn. I signed a Listing Agreement with Someone but

Customer Question

I live in Mn. I signed a Listing Agreement with Someone but my wife did not. We are wondering if we still have full rights to cancel the agreement? One sticky point is I may be the only one on the deed for our house..
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.
Good morning. Minnesota is not a community property state, so your wife's signature on the listing agreement would not be necessary. Many brokers will permit you to cancel a listing agreement if they haven't done much to advertise or show the property in the meantime. Otherwise, you have no legal right to cancel the contract unless the broker has breached it.Please don't forget to enter a rating by clicking on one of the five boxes at the top of this reply. We are not employees of Just Answer, and only receive credit for assisting you when the rating is positive. AND THANKS FOR USING JUST ANSWER.