Roger, Lawyer
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

I was working with a real estate agent to Sell my home before

Customer Question

I was working with a real estate agent to Sell my home before it was to be auction off due to foreclosure. Contract was sign, short sale paperwork in place, and information that was requested sent over via realtor. Well my home was sold at auction but only after speaking with bank respresentatives that the realtor did not send over paperwork requested. I have dates of the request and all of the paperwork that was given to complete this sale. I feel I have been misrepresented and lied too. I signed paperwork for my home to be sold for more than what it was worth. Is there any recourse?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Roger replied 5 months ago.
Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist. You would have a right to sue the realtor for negligence and your damages would be the amount you lost from not having the sale go through. If there are no damages to speak of, it may be futile to sue.....but that's something you'd have to determine based on what did occur and what would have occurred had your realtor not failed to perform. There could also be speculative damages for emotional distress, etc., but unless you've sought treatment from a medical or mental health professional and have a diagnosis that this event has caused you trauma, etc., it's very hard to sustain such a claim.
Expert:  Roger replied 5 months ago.
Please let me know if you have any additional questions. Also, please take time to positively rate our conversation so I may receive credit for assisting. Thanks again!