Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years of real estate practice experience.

Do I have rights to a property if I am on the deed but not

Customer Question

Do I have rights to a property if I am on the deed but not the loan? Am I still held responsible for the property if I sign a quit claims deed?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 5 months ago.
Good morning. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.
Being on the loan for a property confers NO ownership rights. Being on the deed gives you all rights of ownership, subject to whatever encumberances and co-owners may be on title with you. If you did not sign the loan or mortgage then you have no personal liability for that loan and may convey the property anytime and to anyone you want.
Expert:  Loren replied 5 months ago.
If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (Excellent or Good) so that I am credited by JustAnswer for assisting you. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.