WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced real estate lawyer and real estate broker.
62735101

I will try again I live in a condo and the garage door is electric

Customer Question

I will try again I live in a condo and the garage door is electric and was broken 10times with no pull chain on it is there some law against that?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 8 months ago.
Yes, under Illinois law, they are required to put pull chain on it so that you can open the door and get out under any circumstances.Here, they have failed to do so, and you can hold the condo association (HOA) responsible for your costs of replacing the opener with a suitable replacement. Please rate 4 or 5 and close out the question. Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.
Please rate 4 or 5 and close out the question. Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.