J. Warren
J. Warren, Lawyer
Experience:  Experience in residential real estate and commercial leases.
64316804

Can an HOA board develop rule/regulation/ACC guidelines that

Customer Question

Can an HOA board develop rule/regulation/ACC guidelines that support and more clearly define their covenants and restrictions without a neighborhood vote? As long as they do not contradict the existing governing documents?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  J. Warren replied 9 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.Amendments to CC&R's require a vote by homeowners. To the extent guidelines would be incorporated into the government documents it would be a high risk to not get approval by ownership vote. However, if the guidelines will merely be a standalone document that assist with future interpretation of the rules but not bind the board follow the guidelines, it is unlikely this would constitute an amendment and therefore require an approval by vote.All my best and encouragement. Thank you for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! Please press a positive rating above this message box in the ratings section so I will be paid for my time assisting you on this matter. Pressing a positive rating will not cost any additional money - it is simply the trigger used by Just Answer to pay me for my time (pressing the middle star or the fourth or fifth star on the right are all positive rating buttons).
Can I answer any additional follow up questions for you or clarify anything I have written above? If not, can you please press a positive rating above this message box in the ratings section so I will be paid for my time assisting you on this matter? Pressing a positive rating will not cost any additional money - it is simply the trigger used by Just Answer to pay me for my time (pressing the middle star or the fourth or fifth star on the right are all positive rating buttons).