Alex Esquire
Alex Esquire, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney / Real Estate Law Mentor
26296561

I had a tenant evicted and the judge ordered that his pick

Customer Question

I had a tenant evicted and the judge ordered that his pick up and belongings stay in my possession until he paid what was owed me. He was given a dated by which to get this done, the date has passed without me hearing from him. What want to know is do his pick up and belongings now belong to me to do with I see fit?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Alex Esquire replied 7 months ago.
Hello. My name is***** will be happy to answer your question.I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation. Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice /legal service you should contact a local attorney. Generally, another hearing should be held by the court during which the landlord should ask the court to award the landlord legal ownership of any tenant's possessions left unclaimed due to unpaid rent and if the judge agrees, then the judge will issue such order.I wish you the best of luck!
Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.Thank you.