Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.

Neighbor in condo complains that my old and now my new

Customer Question

Neighbor in condo complains that my old and now my new Heat/AC pump keeps him awake and threats to take me to court over this. What are my rights?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If your unit is properly installed in accordance with the laws and manufacturer specifications, then your neighbor cannot do anything and you need to ignore him. If he sues, you file a motion to dismiss for failure to state a claim on which relief can be granted and when it is granted you ask the court to award you attorney's fees and court costs for having to deal with his frivolous claims.