socallegalwork
socallegalwork, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney and licensed real estate broker (and Certified Distressed Property Expert), specializing in real estate matters.
63833317

AFTER NUMEROUS PROBLEMS THAT I'VE DOCUMENTED WITH TIMED & DATED

Customer Question

aFTER NUMEROUS PROBLEMS THAT I'VE DOCUMENTED WITH TIMED & DATED PHOTOS & TEXT MESSAGES, I GOT A LETTER TODAY THAT THEY ARE LISTING THE HOUSE FOR SALE TOMORROW. LEASE GOOD UNTIL DECEMBER. I AM A TOTALLY DISABLED FEMALE VET & HAVE HAD SEVERAL FALLS RECENTLY. I AM SCARED OUT OF MY MIND & NEED AN ANSWER NOW, NOT MORE ADS FREE ADVICE THAT ISN'T FREE. PLEASE I NEED HELP.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  socallegalwork replied 11 months ago.
Hello. I believe I can help you. If the landlord sells the house while you are still in a fixed term lease, then the property must be sold subject to the lease. The new owner cannot evict you without cause until the end of your lease in December.While you are a tenant in the property, the landlord (the current owner or the new owner after the house is sold) will continue to be obligated under your lease to make repairs, etc.
Hopefully I was able to answer your inquiry. If not, please let me know. I want to make sure you have the information you needed. If I did answer your inquiry, please rate me so I know that your question has been answered.