Samuel-II, Lawyer
Experience:  real estate law

Can you tell me where I can find a definitive answer

Customer Question

Hello. Can you tell me where I can find a definitive answer on the minimum size allowed for a residence in Dallas? I want to build a little house on a flat bed trailer.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Samuel-II replied 5 months ago.
HelloThis is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard. Generally, the minimum is decided by the HOA of a neighborhood. In your case, you will want to contact the Dallas Zoning and Building Agency and also you will want to discuss this with the DMV if this is going to operate like a mobile home. If you are going to leave the trailer stationary on land that is not in a "neighborhood" so to speak, then you should not be precluded from any size as long as you meet any and all building codes, plumbing, electric, etc. And you can get those laws and rules from the Zoning and Planning where you would get your permits. ​