Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.

I started buying a mobile home in Clarkston Wa. I was buying

Customer Question

I started buying a mobile home in Clarkston Wa. I was buying it from the park owner she said that the roof leaked and it needed new floors. I gave her $760.00 down $500.00 for the home and 260.00 for the lot.It actually had extensive damage. An electrician looked at it and said it has aluminum wiring the box needs updated etc.he said to not buy it. I called her and she said I have to pay her the other $1500 plus lot because I signed a contract so it's my problem. Is this true ?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 5 months ago.
No, it is not true. You do not have to pay the remaining balance. The park owner MUST return your entire deposit to you. Otherwise, you need to file complaint against her with your Attorney General's Office for this deceptive act, in trying to sell you a very damaged mobile home and taking advantage of you. You need to make a formal simple written demand for your $760.00 to be returned you because she materially misrepresented the condition of the mobile home. That is, had it been that you knew the true condition of the mobile home, you would not have signed the contract. The contract with her was induced by fraud. So, the contract is not enforceable because your consent to the contract was obtained by her material misrepresentation of the condition of the mobile home. Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this. Thank you for your cooperation.