WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced real estate lawyer and real estate broker.
62735101

My landlord won't fix the house I am renting. I was not

Customer Question

My landlord won't fix the house I am renting. I was not allowed in to inspect it until I gave him a check for over 7000 dollars. Then I gave him a list and photographic proof. He has been stalling for almost 3 months. Now he won't pay for cleaning a duct that is causing the dryer to overheat and made me have a $600 electric bill two months in a row.
The lease says he is not responsible for repairs and I can't withhold money from the rent if I pay for them.
What rights do I have in Contra Costa County?
Lila ****
Category: Real Estate Law
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I want to talk to someone now.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have a client at 5:30 so will not be available then until 6:30 PM
Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 7 months ago.
I will be happy to have a call with you at 6:30 or later. I am practicing in Contra Costa County, so very familiar with the applicable law. Please accept the phone chat and let me know the best time to reach you. Look forward to speaking.
Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 6 months ago.
Please rate 4 or 5 and close out the question. Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.