Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

How do i transfer property from a family trust to an individual

Customer Question

how do i transfer property from a family trust to an individual before the death of the executor
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 7 months ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply,but rest assured, I am working on your question..I need to clarify a couple things because you are using some terms that really don't go together....A trust has a trustee who is in charge of administering the trust set up by the grantor (i.e. maker) for the benefit of the beneficiaries..A will has an executor who administers the estate of a deceased testator. The executor has no legal authority until the testator dies and they are formally appointed by a probate judge to be executor..So are we talking about a trust with a trustee?.Who are you in this scenario?... trustee, grantor, beneficiary?.Does the grantor agree to allow the property to be transferred out of the trust?..thanksBarrister