Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.

I got a notice of eviction yesterday giving me 7 days to leave.

Customer Question

I got a notice of eviction yesterday giving me 7 days to leave. How can we find grounds to overturn the eciction on technical flows and substance.
JA: OK. The Real Estate Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Real Estate Lawyer can help you best. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: I livd in a rental property for 14 years. Since it is rent control the land lord wished to evict me for many years. Eventually he installed in the 8 unit through the walls commercial noise, everytime there was an inspector they had to notify him and he stopped it at that time. That was going on for years He "plunted on top of my apartment people to harass me. That point I managed successfully since one witness of his mentioned it in court. Eventually I plaid the radio loud but DID NOT BRAKE THE LAW. Less the decimal permitted in law.
JA: Is there anything else the Real Estate Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: Eventually he filed for my eviction I asked a jury but the law center that made of armatures did not tell me that I have to fill in a separate form asking for a jury. I filled the defence in 5 days and believed that includes my willing for a jury.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Real Estate Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If the landlord was in breach of the lease and is trying to evict you now for retaliation, then that is the basis for your defense to the eviction. You need to present evidence of the landlord's conduct in breaking the lease and sending people to harass you and that would be called a "constructive eviction" as he was trying to evict you by harassment and when that did not work he retaliated against you by making up claims to try to evict you on false grounds.
I believe that you need to try to get someone from legal aid to actually go to court to represent you as that would greatly increase your chances of winning, but if you cannot, then you need to bring in evidence and witnesses to show it was the landlord who violated the lease by their conduct and this eviction is just retaliation against you which makes it an illegal eviction.