RealEstateAnswer
RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  9+ years in handling Leases, Landlord-Tenant, Foreclosures,Mortgages, and Eviction cases
9540344

I am going into foreclosure in a matter of time Do I need

Customer Question

I am going into foreclosure in a matter of time Do I need to carry fire insurance
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 7 months ago.
Even though the home is going into foreclosure you are still the owner and have a duty to protect and insure the home. If something were to happen the risk of loss would be on you and the lender may go after you for the damages suffered, as a result of allowing it to lapse. Now, the bank may place forced insurance on the home to protect it, since it is a security interest for them and if it burns down, they can be left with nothing. With that being said, it would be at your discretion to continue to pay it but know that if somethings happens you would be liable since you are sill the owner
Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 6 months ago.
Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.