Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer- Broker 30+years - foreclosure, short sale, liens, title attorney.

Is it possible foreign investor to purchase a property

Customer Question

Is it possible for a foreign investor to purchase a property in the United States and not become part of the US taxation system if they pay local property tax and do not reside in their property more than a certain number of days a year. I would like to be an off-shore property owner in either Detroit MI or Flint MI
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 5 months ago.
Generally, foreign persons as investors in real estate are involved in the US taxation system in a variety of ways. It is an extremely complex area of law, and too involved to go into in this question and answer format. Especially when I don't know what you already have learned. This online information seems to be a comprehensive analysis of the problem. (Not to mention some great photos of New York City) take a look at Paragraph 15: hope that this information is helpful.