socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney and Real Estate broker -- Retired (mostly)
10097515

I am sue by HOA Lawyer allow HOA to repair damage from

Customer Question

I am sue by HOA Lawyer for not allow HOA to repair damage from upstair. This is not true, how can I find a good Lawyer to define me?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 7 months ago.
Dear Customer,I am very sorry to learn of this situation.You can find civil litigation attorneys (look for attorneys that have experience with the "Davis Stirling Act" (California's HOA statute)) using the State and local Bar Association directories, or private directories such as www.AVVO.com; www.FindLaw.com; or www.Martindale.com (I personally find www.AVVO.com to be the most user friendly).Fortunately, the Davis Stirling Act has a provision that the "prevailing party" is entitled to recover their attorney's fees, so while you may have to pay out of pocket for your lawyer, you should be able to recover your attorney's fees if you prevail against the HOA.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
How can I file an extension before I get a lawyer. Thanks. What is the day count for 30 days. 4/10/16? 4/19/16, I received by a man delivering on 4/24/2016
You get 30 days from the date that you were actually served papers.(the law requires you to file a written response with the court within 30 calendar days after you are served. (Code of Civil Procedure (CCP) § 412.20). If the 30th day falls on a weekend or court holiday, you have until the end of the next business day to file your response. (CCP §§ 10, 12, 12a)
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have not finished my question . I give dates for HOA to check leaks on unit 206 and unit 106, but no response from HOA ? What can I do? Another issue I ask HOA to review HOA survallen camara for personal belongs lost fr my home. No response fr HOA? Angela
Dear Customer,I am going to "opt out" and allow another expert to follow up with you.Please do not post any further at this time as it will delay the next expert's ability to follow up.If you need any assistance in the meantime, please contact our customer service at: http://ww2.justanswer.com/helpThank you for using our forum, and I do wish you the best of luck.Bill
Expert:  socrateaser replied 7 months ago.
Hello, Different contributor here. Please permit me to assist. In which county were you sued?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I called many place and talked some Lawyers, but no good luck. If you know some one is good, please email me. How can I file extension by myself before I get a lawyer? What is website ? I also looking a lawyer to write a letter to HoA lawyer based on my written Letter. Thanks! Angela
If you need a letter written, I will send you a premium services invitation and we can discuss the matter in confidence. You may accept or decline at your convenience. Thanks again for using Justanswer!