Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Qualified attorney in private practice including business, family, criminal, and real estate issues.

I have two land contracts threw a realitor and have paid off

Customer Question

i have two land contracts threw a realitor and have paid off one now they want me to redo my second one before they give me my deed to the first one what can i do about this
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ely replied 5 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. They cannot do this. Assuming land contract 1 is independent of land contact 2, then the realtor cannot demand that you redo 2 before they grant the deed to 1. If the contract has been paid off, they owe a deed to 1. If they do not give it, then someone in your situation can sue them for breach of contract, declaratory judgment, and quiet title, asking that the Court order them to sign the deed over, and to possibly have them held liable for attorney and legal fees, as punitive damages. Let me know if you want to see a sample demand letter for this, or, want to know more about the suit such as an example of what the petition would look like. I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.
Expert:  Ely replied 5 months ago.
Hello again. This is a courtesy check in to see if you needed anything else in regards ***** ***** question because you never responded or replied positively. I am simply touching base. Let me know. Thanks!