Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

A new upscale apartments started , broke grown in east point,

Customer Question

A new upscale apartments started , broke grown in east point, Georgia. I was one of the first ones to get an apt to see model apartment. On January 30,2015 I signed all the paperwork and deposits were made to leasing agent. My fiancée lived in Hollywood, florilda and had a lease he had to terminate. Myself, I am a senior, 100% disabled, and I live by myself.
My filancee told the agent he had to go back to Florida and conduct the business of finding another renter.
We signed a May 1, movein date. Everything was arranged. The Monday prior to starting my lease I stopped in the office to pay 1st monh rent and get the keys for the apartment and gate.
I went in and was greeted with I have good and bad news for you. They did not have a co for the building.
we are in a pickle. no prior notification was given.
Please help me.
PAULETTE MANGAROO-GILLUM (###) ###-####
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 7 months ago.
Good afternoon,I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I am a GA licensed attorney. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please. 1. What was the good news?2. What is it I can assist you with?Doug