Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney
Experience:  28 years of experience in General Practice, Real Estate Law and Estate Law.
68197583

In 2007 I wanted to buy a condo in Phoenix.....I could not

Customer Question

In 2007 I wanted to buy a condo in Phoenix.....I could not qualify on my own, my daughter agreed to put her name
on the documents. She has nothing invested, I have always made the payments, is it possible to remove her name?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Attyadvisor replied 8 months ago.
Welcome and thank you for your question. I am an Arizona licensed attorney and it will be my pleasure to assist you. Just to clarify your daughter is a co-borrower on your loan and therefore is also on the title (deed). You are the one making all of the payments and you would like to see if your daughter can be removed from the title (deed). Is that correct?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Yes that is correct.
There are two ways to go about removing her from title. The first option is to refinance the loan and have her removed as co-borrower. If that is not an option you would have her sign a quit claim deed transferring her interest in the property to you. You stated the property is in Phoenix which would require the quit claim deed to be recorded in Maricopa County. Give me one moment to provide you with links for a Maricopa County Quit Claim Deed. Would your daughter have any issue with agreeing to transfer the title (deed)?
This is a pay for site that sets out the procedures https://www.deeds.com/forms/arizona/quit-claim-deed/maricopa/. I will provide a free form as well. Please give me a few moments.
https://www.lawdepot.com/contracts/quit-claim-deed-form/#.VygeOshHbCQ
Please do not hesitate to ask me any additional questions that you may have with regard to this matter. It would be my pleasure to continue to assist you. If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit for my work I would appreciate it. Thank you for using JA!
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
My daughter would totally agree to the Quitclaim deed.
Perfect. You just need to have her sign her interest in the property to through the use of a quit claim deed. I provided to links for forms. You can also have a local attorney prepare one for as pursuant to the terms of service of the site we are not permitted to represent customers personally. If you give me a moment I will provide a link for attorneys in Phoenix that provide free consultations.
http://lawyers.findlaw.com/lawyer/firm/real-estate-law/phoenix/arizona
Thank you for using JA. We appreciate your business.
Do you have any additional questions for me?
Please ignore the premium services offer. I wanted to make sure that I provided you with information you were seeking.
s