LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years legal experience. Additionally, in CA I held a Real Estate Broker's license.

How do I evict a family member

Customer Question

How do I evict a family member
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 5 months ago.
Good afternoon Sue,I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. You will want to retain a local landlord-tenant attorney to serve your son with the legal Notice to Quit and then sue him in court to get an eviction order and a Writ of Possession for you. Then the sheriff will forcibly remove your son and his belongings from your home. This process will probably cost between $1000 and $1500 and will take about a 30 to 60 days. You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.I wish you and yours the best in 2016,Doug
Expert:  LawTalk replied 5 months ago.
Good afternoon,Do you have any additional questions that you would like me to address for you?In case you would like a phone call to further discuss these issues you have raised, I will make that offer to you. You are certainly not obligated to accept a call offer, but many people do find it helpful for clarification purposes, as well as to allow them to ask additional questions.As I have provided you with the information you asked for, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you?Thanks in advance,Doug