LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years legal experience. Additionally, in CA I held a Real Estate Broker's license.
15277592

How do I evict a family member

Customer Question

How do I evict a family member
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 11 months ago.
Good afternoon Sue,I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. You will want to retain a local landlord-tenant attorney to serve your son with the legal Notice to Quit and then sue him in court to get an eviction order and a Writ of Possession for you. Then the sheriff will forcibly remove your son and his belongings from your home. This process will probably cost between $1000 and $1500 and will take about a 30 to 60 days. You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.I wish you and yours the best in 2016,Doug
Expert:  LawTalk replied 11 months ago.
Good afternoon,Do you have any additional questions that you would like me to address for you?In case you would like a phone call to further discuss these issues you have raised, I will make that offer to you. You are certainly not obligated to accept a call offer, but many people do find it helpful for clarification purposes, as well as to allow them to ask additional questions.As I have provided you with the information you asked for, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you?Thanks in advance,Doug