Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.

This question I assume would be real estate lawyer..I

Customer Question

This question I assume would be for a real estate lawyer..I am in the process of building a home... The builder is financing the home .. I will pay him at closing... I have problems with this builder from the get go...He has ask me not to go on jobsite during work hours ... saying that his insurance rates would increase should I get hurt... hmmm.... that in itself should have been a red flag.. I don't think I am going to file a law suit on my builder if I get injured...Fast forward ... The home is about 3 weeks to completion... I have ask to meet with the contractor or superintendent to go through house to discuss some add ons and some concerns that will need to be address long before the final walk through...The builder has denied me the request and said he won't address any issues until final walk through... Do I have ANY legal recourse here? This guy is an idiot... pardon my directness...Thanks
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Alex Esquire replied 5 months ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** be happy to answer your question.I am sorry to hear aboutthis unfortunate situation. Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, asthis services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice/legal service you should contact a local attorney.I am very sorry toprovide you with this bad news, but please understand that I do haveprofessional obligation to provide customers with correctanswers, even when answer is not favorable to the customer. I wish you the best ofluck and God bless you!
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
If you cannot comment on my specific question... what am I paying you for?
I would suggest that you do review terms of service, which clearly outline the scope of service provided to customers.I will opt-out of your question at no charge to you and wish you the best of luck in all of your endeavors.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have used this service many times before and have NEVER had anyone refuse to address a question...thanks for your time.
Expert:  Maverick replied 5 months ago.
Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick. Please note that: (A) The information we provide is general information. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by communicating with me. If you want legal advice, you must consult with a local attorney in person before acting or deciding not to act based on any information given here; (B) Experts answer questions based on the honor system. When I feel that I have provided you with a complete answer, I will ask for you to assign a feedback rating so that JA will compensate me for my time; and (C) You should not be concerned about any short delays between your questions and my replies. Please know that I answer most questions within the hour if I am signed on. If I am not signed on, then I still make every attempt to respond within 24 hours. Thank you for taking the time to understand how this site works. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. Answer will follow in the pane below as per above parameters….
Expert:  Maverick replied 5 months ago.
1. What are the nature of the issues that you wish to address with the builder at this time? 2. Are they of the type that constitute a material breach on his part at this stage of the game? 3. What does the contract say about midstream modifications and add-ons that are new news to the builder?