RealEstateAnswer
RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  9+ years in handling Leases, Landlord-Tenant, Foreclosures,Mortgages, and Eviction cases
9540344

My home has foreclosed the court awarded possession to the

Customer Question

my home has foreclosed the court awarded possession to the bank on 4/28 i called the bank today and they stated lockout will be in 2 to 3 weeks . there are 5 of us here and a dog can i appeal with the courts to buy more time in order to find another place to live and move.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 7 months ago.
Good afternoon. Did you have a respond, object or contest the foreclosure in the past?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
no could not afford refinance
Thank you. An appeal can be used when there is a legal basis to support it. By that, I mean that there was an error in law or problem with the ruling of the judge. In this case, if you want to try and stop this, you would need to file an objection to the ruling or file an emergency motion with the court to stop the eviction/ removal process. If you can show good cause as to why you should remain after all this time when you knew you had to vacate the judge may give you additional time or the bank may agree.
I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any additional questions or concerns. I am here to help so please just let me know
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I will go downtown Baltimore Courthouse and ask about appealing because I was not served the paperwork correctly the mail was going to the vacant house next door to us I'm a process server to a lot of things just wasn't done correctly I just want to file for some type of extension giving us time to look for a place and move
Yes. Thank you for sharing. If you were not properly served that is a defense and can buy you more time. A motion to vacate the judgement / order can be filed based upon ineffective service of process and a motion to quash service of process can be filed as well
I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or concerns. I am here to help so please just let me know. Thanks!