Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I one a condo in an eight unti bldg outright 30 years.

Customer Question

I one a condo in an eight unti bldg outright for over 30 years. I pay a percentage more than the others because of the size of mine. (The laws have been changed since, I am aware of, but we cannot do anything other than to continue paying it. My question is, I certainly have signed my deed years ago. If the board wishes to change the deeds for their personal gains regarding property next door, do they have the ability to over ride me and change my deed or does the deed remain unchanged as I wish it to be?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 7 months ago.
Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to helpAlso, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen. I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. That is, you askIf the board wishes to change the deeds for their personal gains regarding property next door, do they have the ability to over ride me and change my deed or does the deed remain unchanged as I wish it to be?Can you explain what you mean by this?