Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  associate attorney
84496330

Which precedes which county, state law or HOA when HOA is more

Customer Question

which precedes which county, state law or HOA when HOA is more restrictive
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 11 months ago.
My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship. If the HOA is more restrictive it she take precedence over the less restrictive county or state laws unless the particular provision is specifically against county or state law or the particular provision is against public policy. Home owners are free to bargain for HOA provisions on their own accord and if agreeable these provisions govern the agreement between the home owner and the HOA. Any provision agreed to is valid unless it is specifically against local, state or federal law or against public policy in general (the courts may overturn the provision if this is the case). Minus any of the caveats that I listed, an HOA agreement that is more narrow than local, state or federal law would govern. Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied. There should be smiley faces or numbers from 1-5 to choose from. This extra step will cost you nothing extra and will ensure that I will be compensated for my time by the site.
Just checking back in, do you have any further questions?