Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

In IA. if the seller refuses to do any repairs on the inspection

Customer Question

In IA. if the seller refuses to do any repairs on the inspection report & then the buyer takes 10 days to go house shopping & then comes back & signs the inspection report stating they agree to seller not doing the repairs, is the sales contract void as they were over the 48 hour time limit a/c to IA law??
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 7 months ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply,but rest assured, I am working on your question..Did the contract state that they had 48 hours to accept the property after the inspection report was returned?.Is the seller still willing to sell the property for the agreed on price?.Who is trying to get out of the contract?..thanksBarrister