Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer- Broker 30+years - foreclosure, short sale, liens, title attorney.
18215332

I own a home and have a tenant who has caused issues with my

Customer Question

I own a home and have a tenant who has caused issues with my neighbors so I want him out of my house. I gave him an eviction notice 2wks ago after I gave him a verbal 'get out' notice 1.5 months ago. what options do I have to remove him out of my house?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 7 months ago.
If the tenant is in breach of the terms of your lease, then you can file immediately for eviction in your local small claims or renters court. If he is current on rent payments, and your lease is month-to-month, then you should give him at least 30 days notice of non-renewing the the lease. There are a lot of factors that go into breach of lease, but only one that has to do with nonpayment of rent. The bot***** *****ne is that you will have to start court action to get him to move. If you are totally unfamiliar with the law or court proceedings, you may be better off to turn it over to an attorney, because this kind of activity is high stress for people in your position. if you decide to go it alone, here is some information that you might find useful from the Washington State Bar Association. I hope that you will enter a positive rating for this answer.
Hello again. Do you have a follow-up question? I am not an employee of Just Answer and I receive credit for assisting you based on your rating. I hope that you will enter a positive rating for my assistance here by clicking on 3, 4, or 5, for which there is no additional cost to you. Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.