Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years of real estate practice experience.
17897874

I own a condominium in Georgia. My plumber tells me that all

Customer Question

I own a condominium in Georgia. My plumber tells me that all of the water in the building has to be turned off for about a half hour in order for him to replace a valve necessary to restore hot water in my unit. The building management will not turn off the water to allow this to happen nor will they replace the valve at my expense. What can I do?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 7 months ago.
Good morning. I am Loren, a licensed attorney and I look forward to assisting you.The board has a duty to maintain the plumbing in the building. If they, or, by extension, their agent, is refusing to allow a repair to the plumbing servicing your unit and the building they are in breach of their contractual and fiduciary duty and could be held personally liable to you for damages and, possibly, your legal fees and punitive damages.Before you would sue, though, have your attorney write a threatening letter on attorney letterhead. Hopefully that will motivate the appropriate action for you.Otherwise, you may have to sue them.
Expert:  Loren replied 7 months ago.
If you need assistance finding local counsel try Martindale Hubble (site rules prohibit us from referring specific attorneys) . Many attorneys themselves use this site to locate attorneys outside their jurisdiction or expertise:http://www.martindale.com/Find-Lawyers-and-Law-Firms.aspxIt is a huge worldwide database searchable by location and specialty. The attorneys are all peer rated. So, they represent the top of the profession.