Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney
Experience:  28 years of experience in General Practice, Real Estate Law and Estate Law.
68197583

What is the benefit of joining a home owners association for

Customer Question

what is the benefit of joining a home owners association for my development
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ray replied 8 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.

Generally an HOA is part of your deeded property.You as an owner are a member.They collect HOA fees from you and the fees are used to maintain common areas and relates items. By taking an active part and attending meetings you have rights to vote on issue affecting your property and neighborhood.It allows you to vote for the board of directors and president.

Often being involved gives you a sense of community and working towards maintaining the neighborhood and homes within that neighborhood.HOAs enforce the HOA rules on cleanliness, architecture such as pain colors, additions, etc.The architecture committee is a very powerful one as they control what the members can do and enforce the HOA rules.

Overall this is neighborhood government that regulates your home and common area and attending meetings is a good idea to protect your interests and vote on such issues and rules.You may decide at some point you want to hold office in the HOA. You are likely a member already as a homeowner.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Expert:  Attyadvisor replied 6 months ago.

Your question is showing up as open. I am a different attorney. Did you want to continue this discussion with a new attorney?