Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate
8534270

I am on social security survivors benefits and want to sell

Customer Question

Hi I am on social security survivors benefits and want to sell my house inraton nm for 9,999 dollrs and pay off my mobile home in Kingman az can I do this
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ray replied 7 months ago.
Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you tonight. You can absolutely do this without any impact.Survivor benefits are like regular social security based on the deceased spouses work history and a sale here has no impact on the amount of benefits you receive.You will get these benefits for the rest of your lifetime.This is a good move to sell and pay off your other property. No problem with this, it has no effect whatsoever. I truly appreciate the chance to be of service tonight.Thanks again. Reference https://www.ssa.gov/planners/survivors/ifyou5.html If you can positive rate when we are done it is always much appreciated.