Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I need to cancel a contract I signed on 4/15.. it's spec

Customer Question

I need to cancel a contract I signed on 4/15.. it's for a spec home and I put down 5000 deposit.. can I get out and get my money back?
JA: We have a 30 day refund policy so you can simply email***@******.*** and they will try to fix your problem or refund your money.
Customer: how much are your fees?
JA: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.
Customer: where are you based?
JA: OK. The Real Estate Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Is there anything else the Real Estate Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Real Estate Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 8 months ago.
have you reviewed the contract? Is there any time to cancel/break the contract? Is there a damage clause stated within? What is the reason you want to cancel it now and not proceed?