Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.

I am selling my seasonal villa in Ft Myers, FL. It is not homesteaded.

Customer Question

I am selling my seasonal villa in Ft Myers, FL. It is not homesteaded. It is in my name only and I have my own trust. The realtor is telling me that my husband has to sign the deed. Is that true?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply,but rest assured, I am working on your question..Is the house currently owned by the trust with the deed being in the trust's name?.Or is it in your personal name?.Were you married and owned the property prior to it being placed into the trust?..thanksBarrister