Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate
8534270

I am 90 years old. I signed a listing agreement with a firm

Customer Question

i am 90 years old. I signed a listing agreement with a firm and now have sold the house.in the listing agreement, the commission was 6%. Also it was to say that if sold by this firm, the commission was to be at 4%.
6% was to be paid for sales by other firms. The listing agent wrote in "4% if sold by kathy P herself ". i paid 6%. the sale was made by a salesperson 'inhouse'. i think i've been played. The contract was with firm and not with any sales person .and all things should relate to the firm and not to Kathy P. The intent was misused I believe. your opinion PLEASE.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ray replied 7 months ago.
Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today. This does appear to be strange and really a way to manipulate the commission.I suggest a complaint here to the state about it seeking to reduce the commission. File here All complaints must be submitted in writing to:Attention: Consumer Complaints SectionDBPR - Division of Real Estate400 West Robinson Street, Suite N801Orlando, FL###-##-####he complaint should clearly identify the subject of the complaint and the allegations. Copies of all pertinent documents concerning the allegation must be included with the complaint (i.e. contracts, closing documents, disclosures, checks front and back, etc.). If the complaint is opened for investigation, the subject will be made aware of the allegations, provided with a copy of the complaint that initiated the investigation, and requested to respond to the allegations; unless the nature of the complaint merits a confidential investigation. Please use form RE-2200-1, the Uniform Complaint Form.Please send only one copy of your complaint. Sending duplicates could cause a delay in the processing of your complaint. More information can be found under FAQs.Pursuant to Chapter 455, Florida Statutes, the complaint and all information obtained pursuant to the investigation is confidential until 10 days after probable cause is found to exist. Investigations differ in complexity and duration, so providing a definite time of completion is not possible. We appreciate your cooperation and understanding in this matter.
Expert:  Ray replied 7 months ago.
Actual form http://www.myfloridalicense.com/dbpr/re/documents/re-2200-1.pdf File a complaint here, see if they don't offer to resolve here.I would hope you could at least get them to split it here, say 5% seems like middle ground. I appreciate the chance to help you today.I wish you the best here.
Expert:  Ray replied 7 months ago.
I appreciate the chance to serve you, please let me know if you have more follow up. If you can positive rate when we are done it is always much appreciated.