Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.

An absentee land owner has started construction next to my

Customer Question

an absentee land owner has started construction next to my home. my husband has maintained this lot for over 25 years and how can we be paid for maintaining, cutting the grass etc
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 6 months ago.
Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick. Please note that: (A) The information we provide is general information. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by communicating with me. If you want legal advice, you must consult with a local attorney in person before acting or deciding not to act based on any information given here; (B) Experts answer questions based on the honor system. When I feel that I have provided you with a complete answer, I will ask for you to assign a feedback rating so that JA will compensate me for my time; and (C) You should not be concerned about any short delays between your questions and my replies. Please know that I answer most questions within the hour if I am signed on. If I am not signed on, then I still make every attempt to respond within 24 hours. Thank you for taking the time to understand how this site works. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. Answer will follow in the pane below as per above parameters….
Expert:  Maverick replied 6 months ago.
1. Did the land owner know that husband was doing this?2. Why did husband decide to do this for 25 years without asking for compensation?