NYFamilyAttorney, Lawyer
Experience:  Owner, attorney in private practice, licensed for 36 years as a trial and appellate attorney

I am a land lord in Monroe County Pennsylvania. My tenant has

Customer Question

I am a land lord in Monroe County Pennsylvania. My tenant has appealed the judge's decision in my favor for eviction. He is a Serial very very bad tenant. 9 times in a row within a period of seven years this man has destroyed people's properties at cetera. He is not allowing me to conduct routine inspections. Help what can I do. Feel free to suggest a lawyer.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  NYFamilyAttorney replied 6 months ago.
Hello. I’m a licensed attorney with 36 years’ experience. I specialize in family law and appeals, and I have many years’ experience with landlord-tenant issues, contract law, and other types of law. I also have written hundreds of legal articles. I look forward to helping you today.Please note:This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an attorney on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. Oh, keep in mind that at the end of this discussion I'm going to ask you to please rate me as that's the only way I get credit for my time here today. Thanks! ***** did a lot of landlord-tenant work and represented landlords, not tenants.
Since I do appeals, I know what it's like to have an appeal in progress. Is the appeal going on right now? If it is, is there a stay? A stay means that you can't do anything until the court decides the appeal. If there is no stay, then you can still evict. So it's really important for me to know whether the appellate court ordered a stay or not. Did you do anything for the appeal? Do you have a lawyer doing the appeal for you?Yes, you absolutely need a landlord-tenant attorney. You cannot fight this tenant by yourself. He's obviously giving you trouble. An appeal is something that I do, and many lawyers can't even do appeals correctly. You need a landlord-tenant attorney who does appeals to do the appeal for you. In the meantime, you have the right to inspect the apartment. You should give the tenant 24 hours' notice to inspect. If he doesn't comply, you may need the help of a local landlord-tenant attorney. If the appeal will be over soon and if you think you will win the appeal, then you probably can wait to inspect the apartment. If the appeal will take a long time, as they usually do, you may need legal assistance just to get into the apartment because it doesn't sound like this guy will cooperate. I'm sorry you're having so much trouble with this guy but hopefully you'll have him out soon.In the meantime, definitely get a lawyer. You cannot do this yourself. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask me.
I mentioned before I would ask if you would rate me. If i have answered your question, great! If you need more information, please feel free to ask.Please accept my answer, rate my answer and then submit, as this is how I get credit for my time with you and with your question. I work hard to give you a thorough and honest answer. I thank you in advance for rating me. Please let me know if there is more that I can do to answer your question and if you need more information. If not, I thank you for your rating. I can’t get credit for answering your question without your fair and honest rating. Thank you!
I will not be here the rest of the evening but will be available tomorrow morning if you have any more questions.