Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer- Broker 30+years - foreclosure, short sale, liens, title attorney.
18215332

I am asking about regulations governing re-zoning land that

Customer Question

I am asking about regulations governing re-zoning land that shoukd have been under
the grandfathered clause.
From residental to Business general.
Partial 014047 ***** Chbg. Va
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 9 months ago.
I'm not sure that I understand your question. You are speaking of rezoning, which can always take place. Grandfathering occurs after a rezoning. In other words if you are currently in a residential zone, which is rezoned to business, your property will remain residential as a nonconforming use. In other words, the rezoning won't affect your current use of your property under the old zoning. Does this answer your question? I hope that this answer is helpful and that you will rate it positively. Please feel free to send me a follow-up question.
Hello again. Do you have a follow-up question? I am not an employee of Just Answer and I receive credit for assisting you based on your rating. I hope that you will enter a positive rating for my assistance here by clicking on 3, 4, or 5, for which there is no additional cost to you. Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.