Roger, Lawyer
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

I am in Michigan preparing to purchase a property that is subject

Customer Question

I am in Michigan preparing to purchase a property that is subject to redemption. In Michigan that is 120 days the way I understand it. Question: does that redemption period hold true if the prior owners have abandoned the property? Will I have to wait 160 days to occupy the property?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Roger replied 5 months ago.
Hi- my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist. If the redemption period is in place, it would apply and stall your ability to move in unless the foreclosed owner waives his right to redeem the property.
Expert:  Roger replied 5 months ago.
However, if you can get a waiver from the previous owner, that would resolve the issue.
Expert:  Roger replied 5 months ago.
Please let me know if you have any additional questions. Also, please take time to positively rate our conversation so I may receive credit for assisting. Thanks again!