Maverick, Lawyer
Experience:  20 years professional experience

Obtaining allodial title in Ohio on a free and clear house

Customer Question

JA: Real Estate issues can be tricky and expensive. The Real Estate Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Real Estate Lawyer can help you best. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: My grandmothers house is free and clear she is 96 and i don't want her house to be taken for any reason such as if shes forced to go to a nursing home
JA: Is there anything else the Real Estate Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: My mother's her daughter is trying to obtain information to get this done im trying to help out with this process to
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Real Estate Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 6 months ago.
Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick. Please note that: (A) The information we provide is general information. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by communicating with me. If you want legal advice, you must consult with a local attorney in person before acting or deciding not to act based on any information given here; (B) Experts answer questions based on the honor system. When I feel that I have provided you with a complete answer, I will ask for you to assign a feedback rating so that JA will compensate me for my time; and (C) You should not be concerned about any short delays between your questions and my replies. Please know that I answer most questions within the hour if I am signed on. If I am not signed on, then I still make every attempt to respond within 24 hours. Thank you for taking the time to understand how this site works. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. Answer will follow in the pane below as per above parameters….
Expert:  Maverick replied 6 months ago.
I am not finding any such concept or procedure for land in OH. Can you tell me where and how you learned about this?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
A co-worker mentioned it
Expert:  Maverick replied 5 months ago.
If you look here you will see that Neveda has laws regarding allodial title and it even speaks to Medicaid estate recovery. However, after a diligent search for such a law in OHIO, I am not finding anything. If you have not done so, you may want grandma to file this form for property tax savings.