How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 5436
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a cousin who has a speech impediment and didn't

Customer Question

Hello I have a cousin who has a speech impediment and didn't understand that his lease does not allow sublet for low income housing. He moved in a woman and signed a sublet agreement with her. No money was collected but he allowed her to move in anyway. After speaking to management they informed him that he cannot have a sublet and can get arrested for fraud. He has tried to ask the woman informing he cannot sublet and she hasn't paid him anything she refuses to leave claiming she paid the management company a month's rent and she needs more time. He's already given her two weeks. She has been there for less than thirty days. She's already contacts the management company and this has turned into a huge mess. The management company is saying that they have no choice but to take you cousin to court and put him in for a holdover since the woman will not leave although she hasn't paid him anything. He has tried to change the locks but the woman called the locksmith and changed the locks back. She still hasn't paid anything. Are there any other options for him at this point?
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 10 months ago.
Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick. Please note that: (A) The information we provide is general information. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by communicating with me. If you want legal advice, you must consult with a local attorney in person before acting or deciding not to act based on any information given here; (B) Experts answer questions based on the honor system. When I feel that I have provided you with a complete answer, I will ask for you to assign a feedback rating so that JA will compensate me for my time; and (C) You should not be concerned about any short delays between your questions and my replies. Please know that I answer most questions within the hour if I am signed on. If I am not signed on, then I still make every attempt to respond within 24 hours. Thank you for taking the time to understand how this site works. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. Answer will follow in the pane below as per above parameters….
Expert:  Maverick replied 10 months ago.
she refuses to leave claiming she paid the management company a month's rent and she needs more time. 1. can you explain more about whether this is true?

Related Real Estate Law Questions