Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.

Can I stop a forclosure until we can get money from 401k the

Customer Question

Can I stop a forclosure until we can get money from 401k the end of May
JA: The Real Estate Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: Spoke with one about bankruptcy, but dont want to go that route
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: We received a Petition for forclosure of mortgage. Filed a continuous to figure out what to do.
JA: Real Estate issues can be tricky and expensive. The Real Estate Lawyer will need to help you with this. Is there anything else the Real Estate Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: Don't think so, we just need till the end of May I order to get money from our 401.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Real Estate Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 5 months ago.
Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick. Please note that: (A) The information we provide is general information. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by communicating with me. If you want legal advice, you must consult with a local attorney in person before acting or deciding not to act based on any information given here; (B) Experts answer questions based on the honor system. When I feel that I have provided you with a complete answer, I will ask for you to assign a feedback rating so that JA will compensate me for my time; and (C) You should not be concerned about any short delays between your questions and my replies. Please know that I answer most questions within the hour if I am signed on. If I am not signed on, then I still make every attempt to respond within 24 hours. Thank you for taking the time to understand how this site works. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. Answer will follow in the pane below as per above parameters….
Expert:  Maverick replied 5 months ago.
1. Have you discussed this with the lender; what is their response?2. At what stage of the foreclosure process are you in?3. What was it that you filed a motion to continue on and was that granted and when is the next court date?