Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

How can I overturn a foreclosure that I was not notified about.

Customer Question

How can I overturn a foreclosure that I was not notified about. I requested that the property be transferred to my name and it was never processed.
JA: OK. The Real Estate Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: not yet
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: I live in a coop that's in my deceased parents name and I fell behind on the HOA fees. I requested that they transfer the coop to my name so I can secure a loan to payoff the arrears and they never followed thru with it.
JA: Is there anything else the Real Estate Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: no just the arrears
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Real Estate Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Real Estate Law
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The coop also requested that I file letters of administration with the courts to complete the transfer and they have not followed thru. They are also garnishing my pay for the arrears and the don't acknowledge me as the owner.
Expert:  Ely replied 7 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. I am sorry to hear about this situation. Please tell me if you filed for probate for your parents?