Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.

I live in Mississippi I purchased a home in 2006 at the

Customer Question

I live in Mississippi I purchased a home in 2006 at the f**k you mean time of purchase there was no active HOA and I was not given any covenants to either read or sign. Now one is starting am I subject to their rules and regulations
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question..Were there actual provisions for a HOA with one being filed for creation with the Sec of State, just not an active one?.Or was there no mention of any HOA at all and now the neighbors have just decided to start up one on their own?..thanksBarrister