Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I am being charged double and triple the late charge and even

Customer Question

I am being charged double and triple the late charge and even after the treasurer for the association agreed to 1 month arrears with late fee and 1 month current to catch up. They are charging me late fees on both payments plus another late fee, they even include a bill for the association's lawyer and charging interest. What can I do, they say they will put me in forcloseur if it's not paid. Every month I am charged I'm on disability and don't have a lot of money. I need advice please
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Do you have a written agreement on this with the treasurer? Do the bylaws state late fees will be charged until the account is paid in full?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No the agreement was verbal with my wife and the treasurer. No not that I've seen it says reasonable charges but this is not reasonable why would I pay the attorneys fee plus a late fee the same as the late fees for condo
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
May I call you ?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Thank you for your reply.
Phone service is a premium service, but I will send you the offer from the site.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I just paid 45 to get an answer I can't afford more
I'm on disability, it's just hard for me to type
I understand, but I cannot make the call without sending the offer required by the site. The experts are not employees of this site and the site sets the rules, not the experts. I apologize for that. We can continue right here if you can manage typing it out briefly without the additional premium service fee.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I would like to continue this way thank you
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Are we done ?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you I will contact pay pal to not pay this charge. The site says if you are satisfied if we're done I'm not satisfied.
Thank you for your reply.
Well I was spending my time typing an answer (I am sorry I cannot type faster), which I have now removed based on your last comment. If you would like a refund, no need to contact paypal, you can contact customer service at***@******.*** and they will refund your money. You need to go see a local attorney with your problem if you need information as you do not seem to be suited to this service.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have taken screen shots of the conversation for verification.
I said if we are done, I didn't know so you have made the choice. Thank you
Still contacting pay pal
Thank you for your reply.
Evidently you are misunderstanding what has been told to you above, it takes time for experts who are not employees of this site to type responses to customer's questions. The experts are reviewing your state law and also answering multiple other customers who all deserve the same time you deserve.
As you were upset and said you no longer wanted to continue, we will not provide you an answer based on the tone of your replies.
You said to cancel as you were not satisfied, therefore I cannot give you an answer. So if you would follow instructions you can get a refund by sending your email to customer service and they will gladly give you your money back that you placed on deposit.
Best wishes.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Very condescending of you. Your certainly a mature indivdual, learn to read again the word if. I hardly need an attitude from you, did it ever occurre to you to respond after with ok 1 minute or anything to let me know you were still there. I don't think your suited for this
Thank you very much.
I wish you the best.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.