CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Lawyer
Experience:  I am a civil litigation attorney with experience representing HOAs, homeowners, businesses and others in real estate matters.
71563194

I have eviction date may 2nd,do I have any options?

Customer Question

Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  J. Warren replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.I am sorry you are being evicted. What is the reason the landlord is claiming for the eviction?This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
for forclosure
Expert:  J. Warren replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the further information, I am not able to take a live phone call, I will opt out and allows another lawyer to assist you.
Expert:  FamilyAttorney replied 1 year ago.
Hello. I’m a licensed attorney with 36 years’ experience. I specialize in family law and appeals, and I have many years’ experience with landlord-tenant issues and contract law. I also have written hundreds of legal articles. I look forward to helping you today.Please note:This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an attorney on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. Is this a house or apartment that you're renting? How much do you owe for back rent? Has the landlord or bank said they would accept a certain amount of money to prevent the eviction? Many times payment or a payment plan will stop an eviction.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
then give me solution on line please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can anybody answer?
Hi, I'm looking for more information from you. I'll opt out.
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.
Dear Customer,Thank you for using the forum, my name is***** am another expert on the forum, it appears your prior experts have opted out.I have reviewed your above conversation and if I understand your situation correctly, your home has been foreclosed on, and there is already a judgment of possession entered against you, with an eviction date of May 2 (meaning that the sheriff or constable will be arriving on May 2 to forcibly evict you from the property).If this is the situation there is not much that you can do to change the situation - you will want to vacate the property prior to this date as failing to do so will result in the sheriff removing you from the property, and all of your belongings being placed on the curb (where you are the one liable for any risk of loss or damage due to exposure to theft of the elements).There are only 2 mechanisms around this situation: (1) making an arrangement with the party holding the judgment of possession - whoever is getting the eviction order (either the bank or the buyer), as the earlier expert noted, you may be able to offer them money in exchange for staying longer (if so, make certain you get it in writing in case you need to show it to the sheriff - if there is any sort of confusion or lack of communication you want to be absolutely sure you have documented it); and (2) making a motion to the court showing that you have extraordinary conditions which make moving impossible (be aware, the standard is extraordinarily high (courts look for parties to show something along the lines of an extraordinarily ill family member that may suffer extreme physical harm or death if forced to move quickly) and even if this situation occurs they are likely to only grant an additional week or two.If I have misunderstood your situation, and you are still in the process of defending against the eviction hearing (so the May 2 date is really just a hearing date), you can delay the process slightly more by simply showing up in court and defending the action (you will eventually lose the case, but you can buy additional time in the home by forcing the new owner to go through the judicial process).