Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate

If the buyer receive appraisal and the pictures are not your

Customer Question

If the buyer receive appraisal and the pictures are not your house but shows an more upgraded look into some other house can you get a second appraisal at no cost through another agency. I feel this is inaccurate and doesn't give us true value. And closing soon. Why sign off on things we don't have please save us from this mistake. Do we ask for those things we don't have? or seal the deal with doubt.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ray replied 6 months ago.
Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today. You can seek a second appraisal here since the first one is inaccurate.You may have to pay for it but it would give you legitimate reasons to then cancel the sale.And it will give you the peace of mind that a second valuation would and also if any flaws present you need to deal with prior to closing.You are within your rights here to seek a second appraisal.If you are the one asking for the second appraisal you are on the hook for paying for it here, you can try to negotiate that with seller to see if he would split it. I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again, I know this is frustrating for you here.