Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.

I am a tennis professional with a contract as an independent

Customer Question

I am a tennis professional with a contract as an independent contractor. My contract was up for renewal on 2/7/2015 and the new condo president has jerked me around for 1.3 yrs., saying that he wanted me to sign a contract, not endorsed nor created by the assoc., attorney, but a secret 3rd party. I would not sign it and at several board meetings he was ordered by the board to give me a new contract written by a FLORIDA lawyer. he never did, yet he lied and said it would be ready soon, and told me that the current contract would just keep going until it was ready. He also has been harassing me to sign the bogus one, and keeps threatening me with statements such as I CAN KILL YOUR BUSINESS AND HAVE YOU OUT OF HERE IN 15 minutes.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 5 months ago.
Good morning. I am Loren, a Florida licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.I am not quite clear on what you are asking. What is the significance of the secret contract? What is the benefit to the condo president?