Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  15 years real estate, Realtor. Landlord 26 years

Is it rght to be terminated from MIRCI just

Customer Question

Is it rght to be terminated from MIRCI just for neighbores complains?gassops?
Can MIRCI managment has right to do it?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question..You kind of have two questions here.... Is it right and is it legal....I can't opine whether it is "right" or not for them to terminate your tenancy based on the complaints and gossip from other residents...But under SC law, if you are not under a written fixed term lease, then you are a month to month tenant and either party can terminate with a 30 day written notice. Then if the tenant didn't move out within the notice period, the landlord would have to file a formal eviction action in court to get a judgment and a writ to have the sheriff physically force the tenant to move. This takes 3-4 weeks extra after the 30 day notice has expired..So is it right?... I can't say. Is it legal?... If they gave you a written 30 day notice, then yes, they can evict you after that through the courts..I am very sorry that I don’t have better news, but please understand that I do have an ethical and professional obligation to provide customers with legally correct answers based on my knowledge and experience, even when I know the answer doesn’t make the customer happy.....thanksBarrister